Winters are all about heavy appetites for Indian, which keeps their body warm and healthy. Throughout the day, we eat, sleep, and do work from lying inside our warm and comfortable blankets and then again repeating the same. If we are daily going to offices even then, we prefer to have something oily, fatty, junk food, which we provide satisfaction in such cold weather. Winters have short days and long nights, so we barely hit the gym or go for morning/evening walks because the cold winds do not allow us to do so. What we don’t understand here is that winters are also meant to eat healthy as we do any kind of exercise. But in Indian food, you very rarely find a combination of healthy and tasty food. So here is an easy roasted vegetables recipe healthy which you can easily cook at home and that too without an oven or microwave. To prepare this roasted vegetables recipe healthy for you, all you need is your favorite fresh seasonal vegetables and some Indian spices to add flavors to it.
Indian Style Roasted Vegetables Recipe Healthy For Weight Loss
It is a very simple recipe that can be made with seasonal vegetables or any of your easily available veggies.
Ingredients You Need Prepare Roasted Vegetables Recipe Healthy For Weight Loss
- Cooking Oil – 1 tbsp
- Broccoli – half of a medium broccoli
- Carrot – 1 medium
- Cauliflower – half of one
- Potatoes – 2 medium potatoes
- Tomatoes – 2 medium size
- Garlic – 6 cloves
- Onion – 2 medium size
- Bell peppers – 2 medium size
- Salt and pepper
- Red chili flakes – ⅓ tbsp
- Roasted cumin seed powder – ⅓ tbsp
- Dry mango powder – ⅓ tbsp
How To Roast Vegetable
- Firstly you need to chop all the vegetables into pieces about the same size and season the pan well in which you will be roasting the vegetables.
- Put some oil ( you can take any cooking oil like coconut, sunflower, groundnut, or mustard oil, easily available for you) let it heat a little bit.
- Now put vegetables one by another, starting from the vegetable which takes longer time to cook. For example, here we have potatoes, which take about 40 minutes to cook when we are roasting vegetables, so first we will be adding potatoes 15 minutes before other vegetables.
- Then add onion, broccoli, carrots, and garlic cloves, stir them in a timely manner and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Now, after 15 minutes, add tomatoes and bell pepper, mix them well with other vegetables. Tomatoes and bell peppers take only 20 minutes or less to cook, so it is good to add them last in the list to avoid overcooking. Cover the pan with a lid to let it cook for 10 minutes.
- At this point, vegetables are cooked 90%, so this is the perfect time to add spices. Add chili flakes, salt (rock salt if possible), roasted cumin seed powder(for aroma), and dry mango powder(for tangy taste). Mix these spices well with vegetables and cover the pan once again to let the vegetables cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Your roasted vegetables recipe healthy for weight loss or to maintain a good weight is ready to serve with roti, rice, or whatever you like.
This roasted vegetable recipe is healthy for weight loss or even helps you to maintain a good healthy weight. You can eat this roasted vegetable recipe as healthy as your breakfast, lunch, dinner, as it is rich in taste with Indian spices. So, you can conclude that this recipe is full of nutrients which will boost your metabolism while you enjoy its taste.