High Calcium Vegetables – Live And Lead A Healthy And Fruitful Life


high calcium vegetables

We, humans, need an abundance of calcium in our bodies, and you will be surprised to know that around 99% of calcium is stored in our bones and teeth. The other 1% is used by the rest of our body. You need to get calcium in your body through various supplements and the infamous high calcium vegetables. Adding high calcium vegetables to your diet will not only help your body to grow more than normal, but you will also lead and live a healthy and fruitful life. For vegans, high calcium vegetables are the only source of calcium because they do not use animal products, so you can add these vegetables to your diet and go on with your healthy life. 

Let’s take a look at Some infamous high calcium vegetables with their numerical calcium value. 

List Of High Calcium Vegetables Along With Their Calcium Value In Different Phases 

High Calcium

Collard Greens 

High Calcium
  • Calcium per Cup Cooked: 268mg (21% DV)
  • Calcium per 100: 141mg (11% DV)
  • Calcium per 200 Calories: 855mg (66% DV)

Spinach 

  • Calcium per Cup Cooked: 245 mg (19% DV)
  • Calcium per 100g: 136mg (10% DV)
  • Calcium per 200 Calories: 1183mg (91% DV)

Some nutritional facts about cooked spinach: 

It is said that some leafy green vegetables like spinach if incorporated in a balanced diet, provide a good source of calcium. 

Turnip Greens

  • Calcium per Cup Cooked: 197 mg (15% DV)
  • Calcium per 100: 137mg (11% DV)
  • Calcium per 200 Calories: 1370mg (135% DV)

Kale 

  • Calcium per Cup Cooked: 172mg (13% DV)
  • Calcium per 100: 132mg (10% DV)
  • Calcium per 200 Calories: 943 mg (73% DV)

Mustard Greens 

  • Calcium per Cup Cooked: 165 mg (13% DV)
  • Calcium per 100: 118mg (9% DV)
  • Calcium per 200 Calories: 908mg (70% DV)

Beet Greens 

  • Calcium per Cup Cooked: 164 mg (13% DV)
  • Calcium per 100: 114 mg (9% DV)
  • Calcium per 200 Calories: 844 mg (65% DV)

Pak-Choi

  • Calcium per Cup Cooked: 158 mg (12% DV)
  • Calcium per 100: 93 mg (7% DV)
  • Calcium per 200 Calories: 1550 mg (119% DV)

Okra 

  • Calcium per Cup Cooked: 123 mg (9% DV)
  • Calcium per 100: 77 mg (6% DV)
  • Calcium per 200 Calories: 700mg (54% DV)

Swiss Chard 

  • Calcium per Cup Cooked: 102 mg (8% DV)
  • Calcium per 100: 58 mg (4% DV)
  • Calcium per 200 Calories: 580mg (45% DV)

Broccoli Raab

  • Calcium per Cup Cooked: 100 mg (8% DV)
  • Calcium per 100: 118 mg (9% DV)
  • Calcium per 200 Calories: 944 mg (73% DV)

All of the above vegetables are known as high calcium vegetables, and they are super-rich in other antioxidants that lead to a healthy life. 

Takeaway 

Intake of high calcium vegetables will help you to look younger, and you will develop good health. Instead of wasting time ordering junk food, try to add high calcium vegetables to your diet. Make sure you share your experience with us after you have added high calcium vegetables to your diet. 

Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter
Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter