Everyone loves dessert, even healthy vegans. Desserts satisfy us and make our meal complete. From a slice of cake, ice creams, chocolate, pudding, and much more. Many pastry chefs make desserts out of scratch and it comes out so well that we can’t stop eating. There are many techniques involved in many desserts. However, desserts often have dairy so a vegan alternative is ideal. This vegan brownies recipe is perfect for vegans and even for non-vegans.
Vegans too have options for deserts like other people. You can make it the way you want it to be with ingredients that can be easily found in your pantry. It is gluten-free and low in calories too. Brownies are one such option. Who can imagine that a simple brownie can be made vegan! Yes, brownies too can be vegan and healthy.
A classic brownie is chocolaty, moist and super soft, that with one bite you will fall in love with it. You can have it cold or warm, however, it tastes simply delicious. It is best paired with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.
Making Vegan Brownies
200 grams of vegan chocolate
4-5 tablespoons of sunflower oil
180 grams castor sugar
3 teaspoons cocoa powder
170 grams flour
1 vanilla pod
230 ml of organic soy milk (you can also use almond milk)
Some pecan nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease a square baking tin with a little oil, then line with parchment paper.
- Now in a double boiler melt the chocolate and keep it aside to cool it down.
- In another bowl mix all the dry ingredients after passing them through a sieve. Add cocoa powder, salt, and sugar according to your own preference. Mix them well and keep it aside.
- Now cut the vanilla pods lengthwise in the middle. Scrape the out the seeds and add them to the bowl. after all, this is done add some oil, soy milk or almond milk and the previously melted chocolate and stir them till they combine well.
- Now chop some chocolate and add them to the mixture to give them a chunky texture. We can add pecans to give them a different texture. We can keep aside some pecans and chocolate for garnishing. Once that is done, you may now pour the mixture into the prepared tin, spread out evenly and tap the tin so that no air bubble is there. Now sprinkle some of the pecans and chocolates and place them in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes. keep a check on these brownies. The brownies should be cooked outside but bit gooey in the middle.
- Allow it to cool down. Don’t try to unmould the brownies until and unless they are cool. Turn the mold on a wire rack and start cutting them into small square pieces. Serve warm and with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and more ice cream or frosted cream and chocolate chips whichever you feel like.
- You can also enjoy a sizzling brownie by simply placing a brownie on a sizzler pan and drizzle. Also, pour some chocolate sauce and a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream to enjoy. In hot summer, this is what you need to satisfy your sweet tooth.